All staff at Torque Developments International would like to extend their thanks to the members of the Civinfo forum who attended our charity dyno day on the 25th June at our Thurrock premises.
TDi’s technicians ran a dozen Civics (plus Rob’s CR-Z) on our advanced Rototest chassis dyno, raising an impressive £440.00 for charity and good day was had by all.
Check out some of the action from the day on Youtube: – TDi South Civinfo dyno day on Youtube
If you would like to organise a charity dyno day for your club, please contact to find out whether we can help https://www.tdi-plc.com/contact-us/
Our dyno facilities are:
With transient and high speed testing and track simulation facilities within our ventilated and sound insulated test cell, our Rototest VPA-R hub mounted chassis dynamometer is capable of delivering enviably repeatable results with an accuracy tolerance of only 0.5%, time after time.
The beauty of the system being hub mounted is that the difficulties and inconsistencies associated with tyres and extreme camber and toe angles are entirely eliminated!
Also, being a “self-contained” system, the dyno is fully transportable to any venue around the world. All that we need is a 240 volt power supply!
So whether it’s an evaluation of small changes in strictly controlled race series cars, full powertrain optimisation, on-track environment simulation, or product testing and sign-off, we can provide you with the correct solution with complete discretion when necessary.
We’re comfortable working with you on a discrete (with NDA) basis or you’re welcome to use our name for leverage if that helps you.
Our service is available by the hour, half-day and full day, or longer as required.
The main features of our test modes are:
- Constant speed Keeps a constant speed (rpm, mph, etc). The throttle adjusts the torque. Used for ECU calibration (fuel mapping, ignition timing), comparison of manufacturer specifications, etc.
- Constant torque Keeps a constant torque. The throttle adjusts the speed.
- Sweep Accelerates at a constant predefined rate (up or down) between two set points.
- Road resistance simulation Simulates road resistance caused by aerodynamic drag, rolling resistance and incline.
- Active Inertia™ Simulates real-world accelerations defined by inertia, aerodynamic drag and rolling resistance.
All dyno testing is done in our sound-proofed and ventilated test cell.
ROTOTEST VPA-R9 2WD Specification s Maximum system performance
- Braking power 1100kW (1475 imp hp)
- Braking wheel torque 4600Nm (3393 lb-ft)
- Vehicle speed 404 kph (251 mph)
ROTOTEST VPA-R95 4WD Specifications Maximum system performance
- Braking power 1700kW (2280 imp hp)
- Braking wheel torque 8200Nm (6048 lb-ft)
- Vehicle speed 330 kph (205 mph)
Thanks to Civinfo members for the photo and video link!